To illustrate synchronized swimming, imagine…
• A gymnast performing underwater
• A six-minute miler running without breathing
• An ice skater perfecting figure movements in an unstable medium
• A dancer’s artistic flair in choreographed routines
• A water polo player’s power and strength needed to extend out of water
• A long-distance swimmers’ lung capacity developed for endurance
Add to that a combination of grace, fluidity, and synchronization of an entire team and you have just imagined…synchronized swimming!
Competitors are often up-side down with their legs above the surface of the water, performing splits, spins and other movements, that require power, split-second timing and incredible breath control.
Competitors perform figures before a panel of judges with-out music, and routines (choreographed performances) set to music in which judges score the athletes to reflect their execution, artistic impression, and technical difficulty.
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact us here.